The first meeting of Shipley Town Council took place on Thursday 28 May 2020 at 6.00pm.
Agendas for all other previous and future meetings can be found on the meetings page.
Bradford Council is offering local businesses in the hospitality and visitor economy sectors additional new support to cover costs associated with reopening this week.
Up to £1,500 is available through the Bradford Council Outdoor Trading Grant to help local small businesses pay for outdoor furniture and equipment which many have purchased to allow them to open under the recently relaxed restrictions.
Along with the authority’s new pavement extensions, the Outdoor Trading Grant is designed to assist businesses to operate in Covid-safe open air trading spaces.
The grant will help businesses offer alternative outdoor trading spaces to attract customers back to the area’s high streets.
To be eligible, businesses must first make sure they have a free Outdoor Seating licence which is available through the authority’s Highways Department.
Businesses that already have their own outdoor space as part of their business premises may also apply for a grant.
Furniture and equipment must have been purchased after 1 February 2021 and receipts will need to be provided.
An application form will be available on Bradford Council’s website from Friday, 16 April. Applications close 31 May 2021.
To find out more about grants available through Bradford Council, visit www.bradford.gov.uk/business. To apply for an Outdoor Seating License visit www.bradford.gov.uk/business/licensing/terms-and-conditions-for-an-outdoor-seating-licence
The nomination period for the local elections on 6 May 2021 has now closed. City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council has confirmed that none of the Shipley Town Council elections were contested. The Notice of Uncontested Election provides details of the candidates elected unopposed.
10 June 1921 – 9 April 2021
It has been announced by Buckingham Palace that His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh has sadly passed away.
Councillor Mike Connors, Chair of Shipley Town Council, offers his condolences on behalf of the Town Council.
The agenda is now published for the next ordinary meeting of the Shipley Town Council Planning & Regeneration Committee, to be held on Tuesday 13 April 2021 at 7.00pm. Members of the press and public are welcome to observe/listen to the meeting via video or telephone link. Members of the public can also address the committee during the Public Participation period at the start of the meeting.
The agenda is now published for an extraordinary meeting of the Shipley Town Council Management Committee, to be held on Thursday 8 April 2021 at 7.00pm. Members of the press and public are welcome to observe/listen to the meeting via video or telephone link. Members of the public can also address the committee during the Public Participation period at the start of the meeting.
The National Careers Service has announced its April 2021 programme of events.
Businesses should register in order to access free Covid-19 tests, even if they’re not yet open or are not able to start using the tests straight away.
Around 1 in 3 people with coronavirus don’t have symptoms, which means they could spread the virus in workplaces without knowing.
Regular testing could be the difference between a workplace being able to stay open and operational, or needing to close due to a Covid-19 outbreak.
For many employers on-site testing has already become an essential part of its employee offer and a routine part of working life.
Source: Bradford Council. Read more.
Saltaire Inspired, Saltaire Collection and Saltaire History Club are excited to announce the launch of a photography competition as part of the 20th anniversary of Saltaire’s UNESCO World Heritage Site inscription in 2021.
The theme of the competition is ‘International Saltaire’, and it is open to hobbyists or professionals.
A small selection of entries will be displayed as part of a larger heritage exhibition, “Saltaire: Foundation and Legacy” (28 May – 20 June in the old boardroom at Salts Mill) and cash prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd places and a “people’s choice”.
For full details, including how to apply, visit the Saltaire Inspired website.
The International Saltaire photography competition and the Saltaire: Foundation and Legacy exhibition have been made possible thanks to financial support from Bradford Council and Shipley Town Council.
Friends of Northcliffe have received a grant to make a walking map of Northcliffe with a whole range of walks of different lengths from all the different entrances to Northcliffe. The aim is to get more people walking and getting fitter after the past year of lock-downs and people shielding.
Do you have some favourite walks that you take in Northcliffe – which includes Old Spring Wood, Northcliffe Woods and all the meadows and spaces in between – and would you like to share them? Have you found some new walks over the past year that go to different parts of Northcliffe?
Please send any ideas and suggestions to Friends of Northcliffe at FriendsofNorthcliffe@gmail.com. Maps to draw on can be requested.
A notice of election has been published for Shipley Town Council.
NOTICE OF ELECTION
City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council
Election of Parish/Town Councillors
for the Parish/Town Council Wards listed below
|Parish/Town Council Wards||Number of Parish/Town Councillors to be elected|
|Bingley Town Council (Priestthorpe)||Two|
|Ilkley Town Council (West)||One|
|Keighley Town Council (Bracken Bank & Ingrow)||Two|
|Keighley Town Council (Knowle Park)||One|
|Shipley Town Council (Nab Wood & Moorhead)||Three|
|Shipley Town Council (Northcliffe & Norwoods)||Three|
|Shipley Town Council (Saltaire & Hirst Wood)||Three|
|Shipley Town Council (Shipley Centre & Dockfield)||Two|
|Wrose Parish Council||Six|
1. Forms of nomination for Parish/Town Council Elections may be obtained at Electoral Services, 3rd Floor, City Hall, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD1 1HY from the Returning Officer who will, at the request of an elector for any electoral area prepare a nomination paper for signature.
2. Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer, Electoral Services, 3rd Floor, City Hall, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD1 1HY on any day from the date of this notice but no later than 4pm on Thursday, 8th April 2021.
3. If any election is contested, the poll will take place on Thursday, 6th May 2021.
4. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Electoral Services, 3rd Floor, City Hall, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD1 1HY by midnight on Monday, 19th April 2021. Applications can be made online at http://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
5. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Electoral Services, 3rd Floor, City Hall, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD1 1HY by 5pm on Tuesday, 20th April 2021.
6. New applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Electoral Services, 3rd Floor, City Hall, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD1 1HY by 5pm on Tuesday, 27th April 2021.
7. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Electoral Services, 3rd Floor, City Hall, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD1 1HY by 5pm on Thursday, 6th May 2021.
Dated Thursday, 25th March 2021
Kersten England – Returning Officer
Printed and published by the Returning Officer, Electoral Services, 3rd Floor, City Hall, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD1 1HY